How to Add a Re-tweet Button to your blog

Blogged by Nahk.

 Demasia has been missing lately so I thought of messing up his blog ;)

And I am glad that I did so. I thought of adding a 'Retweet' button to his blog and save him the trouble. What I did not expect was the amount of time I was going to spend to just add a button script! (I was planning off the task in under 5 minutes!).

Unfortunately, there was not much help on the web either. I got a buddy together and we set about writing a script. We were able to successfully develop one. Since tweeting and re-tweeting is the 'IN' thing at the moment I have decided to post the scripts here for your convenience.


It is very easy to add a 'Retweet' button once you have the script. First select your preferred location for the 'Retweet' button from the below scripts:

Right-Side Re-tweet Button Script:
Left-Side Re-tweet Button Script:
Now, do the following:

- Log into your blogger account, and go to Layout.
- Select 'Edit Html'.
- Now CHECK  the 'Expand Widget Templates' box.
- Search for this line of code:
div class=’post-header-line-1′/
- Just below it, copy and paste the script you selected above.
- Save the template and exit.
- You can preview your blog to find the 'Retweet' button on your blog/website!

Hope this helps all of you out there. Remember if you like this post please do "Re-tweet" it  ;)

Popular Posts